Monday, May 26, 2014

A little power, a little painting.

Not a lot of "wow" to report from Friday. Our contractor finished putting in the flooring in the linen closet and in the back corner around the toilet. He also did some work patching over where the old electrical outlets and fixtures used to be and creating access for the new ones.

There will be 3 outlets above the double sink vanity
and 2 light fixtures above the mirrors.
Also, this is the doorway that formerly connected the closet and bathroom. It shows potential to become a wall soon.

A view that won't be viewable for long.
Remember the linen closet? It was painted a yellowish beige that didn't match the old white tile or the white door and woodwork. I'm not completely sure if the contractor intended to paint it for us, but it wasn't designated on the contract as something that would be redone. I decided to paint it white, because I already had some paint I could use, and because I took a serious nap today and who knows when I will fall asleep.

Before
After

Since it's Memorial Day, people were setting off firecrackers and stuff which got the dog all needy. At one point she actually backed into the closet with the wet paint on the walls; she's never been in there before. Silly Tussey.

Excuse me ... you're standing where the painter person is supposed to stand!







1 comment:

  1. Thor did that when I painted this house right after we moved in. Big white spot on his furry butt. But, he was poodle. It all came off with the next hair cut.

    ReplyDelete